How We Work Together
Start with an Intro Offer and book your first private lesson today.
3-Pack Intro Offer
Three (3) One-Hour Private Pilates Lessons
Everyone new to Lift Pilates starts here! In three (3) one-hour private lessons, we’ll work together to create a personalized Pilates program unique to you, and if appropriate, we'll get you ready for Open Studio. If you have any injuries or need extra private lessons with me, the 3-Pack Intro Offer is perfect. To maximize your results, please use your lessons within ten days and attend at least two weekly sessions.
Private Pilates Lessons (1 hour)
Private lessons could be beneficial if you have an injury or health issue. And if you’re already a regular at the studio, you might want to freshen up your skills or come in for more check-ins. Depending on your needs, you might need more private lessons beyond the Intro Offer to get ready for Open Studio Sessions. Don’t hesitate to call me or book a private lesson to discuss your needs. Looking forward to working with you!
- Purchase Private Lesson
Private Pilates Lessons (half-hour)
You may need Half-Hour Private Lessons to improve your progress during Open Studio Sessions. I may recommend continuing these lessons semi-regularly to enhance your initial progress. As you gain more independence and develop a richer program, these extra lessons will become less necessary.
- Purchase Half-Hour Private Lesson
Lift Pilates Open Studio Sessions (1-1.5 hours each)
Experience the original Pilates method with a personalized program designed just for you in a dynamic and community-oriented small group setting. Open Studio Sessions are unique - they are not circuit or typical group exercise classes - you will receive individual attention. This approach is the best way to achieve your unique Pilates body and reach your fitness goals. All I ask is that you commit to at least two workouts per week. Sessions are 1 to 1.5 hours long; you can arrive and leave at your convenience. Start with an Intro Offer and then join my Open Studio Sessions.
WHAT IS OPEN STUDIO?
I follow Joseph Pilates’ original method of teaching Pilates, where each person receives a customized workout in a small group setting that promotes community and dynamic movement - just like how Joe Pilates himself taught it.
To truly create a Pilates body tailored to your individual needs, there is no better way than through the original Pilates method. This approach allows you to fully embrace the method and establish a consistent practice supporting you throughout your wellness journey.
Once you complete a series of private lessons, you can join my small group sessions, where you’ll work on your Pilates practice individually with my guidance. We’ll start with an initial Pilates program that we’ll work on together. Typically, it takes three one-hour private lessons to prepare you for my Open Studio.
I hold Open Studio Sessions from Monday to Friday every week during the morning, lunchtime, and evening hours. The sessions typically last 1.5 hours; you can come and go as you please. You don’t have to arrive on time or stay until the end unless necessary for you on that specific day.
You can also work out with me virtually and don’t require specialized Pilates equipment. All you need is a yoga mat and a bit of wall space. This is a popular choice for clients traveling or unable to visit the studio.
To join Lift Pilates, I request that you commit to workout with me at least twice a week and learning your Pilates routine so that I can provide you with valuable guidance. We can create a sense of community and enjoy ourselves while achieving your fitness goals.
I’ve found that attending class at least twice per week is the key to mastering the Pilates method, feeling great in your body, and retaining what you learn. Lift Pilates is committed to making your experience enjoyable and uplifting. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to call me at (530) 220-4579. I’m always here to help!
WHEN DO YOU OFFER OPEN STUDIO?
Tuesday/Thursday Express 12pm-1pm
Saturday Express 11am-12pm
Schedule Subject to Change; I'll notify you via email or text
IS OPEN STUDIO A CIRCUIT?
Open Studio is not a circuit. It is a unique exercise class that offers a personalized Pilates program and workout under my guidance and individualized coaching. It is like no other exercise class you have ever done before.
WILL EVERYONE DO THE SAME EXERCISE ON THE SAME EQUIPMENT?
No, we will customize your Pilates program just for you.
WILL I NEED TO MEMORIZE MY WORKOUT?
Over time you will find that you will naturally remember your personalized Pilates program. I’ll be there to guide you through your workout! You'll also have your program on an exercise card which you will find that you will need to rely on less and less as you quickly gain confidence in your Pilates routine.
IS OPEN STUDIO FOR EVERYONE?
Open Studio is for people who want to learn the original Pilates method and want to have a personalized approach to the original way Joseph Pilates intended. Open Studio is not a cookie-cutter workout.
WHAT IF I HAVE INJURIES?
We will work around your injuries. Many clients come to me with some ailment, be it back pain, shoulder pain, are post-surgical, post-physical therapy, etc.
HOW MANY PRIVATE LESSONS WILL I NEED BEFORE JOINING OPEN STUDIO?
To join Open Studio, you must complete the Intro Offer Private Lessons, which includes three -one hour Private Lessons. Depending on how you present, I may recommend semi-regular 30-minute Private Lessons to enhance your initial progress. As you become more independent and develop a more comprehensive program, these additional lessons will become less necessary.
HOW LONG HAVE YOU TAUGHT PILATES, LAURA?
I’ve been teaching Pilates for over 20 years and have found that my Open Studio format is the best way for you to create a Pilates body tailored to your individual needs, and there is no better way than through the original method. This approach allows you to fully embrace the method and establish a consistent practice supporting you throughout your wellness journey.
Terms & Conditions
Culture at Lift Pilates
- The experience at Lift Pilates is happy and supportive. You will work out hard and get sweaty, but we also laugh together and share. We're focused on our workouts, so sometimes things get quiet! You might show an exercise to a new student, or we might take a few minutes to have a min-workshop. Mainly we're concentrated on our workout and moving through our Pilates exercises. I want to help each of you on your Pilates journey, support you and help you progress. I want you to be okay with taking your time and making mistakes because this is how we learn. I want you to enjoy your successes and learn from the challenging and uncomfortable times. Ultimately these are the things we need for us to change and need for us to succeed. Pilates requires consistency and patience but is worth your time and effort.
General Terms & Conditions
- Membership Fees are charged on Sundays and are non-refundable. If you will be gone for a week, just let me know a few days before so I can pull the charge. If you're going to miss a day, you can make it up another time.
- Private Lessons are charged before the scheduled lesson, and I require a 48-hour notice to cancel; sorry, no exceptions).
- I reserve the right to refuse service to anyone I feel won't be a good fit for LP culture or for whom I won't be a good service fit.
- I reserve the right to alter my schedule as needed.
- I reserve the right to increase my prices.
- I will take vacations each year; during this time, no membership fees will be deducted.
- Membership fees are not reduced for weeks where a legal holiday falls despite running a day (etc.) short.
- Infrequently, I need to travel for work/training, and it may mean I need to cancel some sessions or a day of work. It is also fair workplace practice that people can take sick leave and still feel safe in receiving a wage. Sometimes I am traveling for work, or I am sick and require time off from running sessions. In these rare instances, I do not offer a refund for days missed, however:
- If you miss a workout because I'm off, sick, or away, I'm happy for you to make it up another time.
- I will try to keep disruptions to a minimum. Still, these practices are fair and follow the purported values of our society.
- I will email you the day of if I'm sick and won't be able to teach a session.
- I will email you if I'm required to travel for a workshop.
- I also understand that you may miss sessions due to illness, legal holidays, family issues, etc., and I'm happy for you to make up these sessions at a future date.
- I have 1 simple membership option available
- ALL-INCLUSIVE MEMBERSHIP - $125 per week, which is all-inclusive, and includes Unlimited Lift Pilates Open Studio Sessions per week and 1-55-minute private lesson per quarter.